Since the end of the 12th century to the mid-14th century, the castle was dominated by the da Mogliano family; in 1345 Gentile da Mogliano became lord of Fermo and ruled the city until 1355, when he was defeated by Cardinal Albornoz. The latter included Mogliano in the district of Fermo within the Papal States, of which it was one of the most important castles; in 1569 Mogliano became autonomous under Pope Pius V, but in 1578 it was returned under the district of Fermo.
Santa Maria in Piazza. Church-oratory houses an altarpiece by Lorenzo Lotto, The Madonna in Glory with Saints John the Baptist, Anthony of Padua, Mary Magdalene and Joseph.
San Gregorio Magno church
SS. Crocifisso d´Ete church
Monastery of San Giuseppe and church of Santi Crisogono e Benedetto
Rocca Medioevale, a medieval fortress of which only the bastions remains